Friday, March 1, 2013

Seriously Annoyed

I'm grumpy.

Politicians (on both sides) seem to think that it's OK to screw with the budget to get their way. That we can somehow solve all the ills in this country by balancing the budget with radical spending cuts. That everything will work just fine if we cut spending haphazardly. Cut Taxes. Cut everything. And lastly, that somehow, because I'm a federal employee, I'm not as important as the next guy in the private sector. That this budget fiasco is the fault of myself and my federal colleagues. That I'm a lazy, no good, dishonest, layabout.

 So to you politicians out there. Guess what?!? I pay taxes, I work hard and I'm honest. Every day I give my best to make sure that the American citizens get their money's worth. You know why? Because I'm an American citizen too. Just like you, I don't want to see my money wasted. I've heard "I pay your salary." Guess what. I pay my salary, too. And I'll be damned if Im not going to do everything in my power to try to get my money's worth. Really, Ladies and Gentlemen, you should try doing it sometime.

Then maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now.

Yeah, I'm pissed.

P.S.  I vote, too.


It's only Political Theater... until it's your job and livelihood they're talking about furloughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment